Light command, only command type interface?

Hi, I need to render a model and it's baen a while since I've used Auocad. What am I doing wrong when I use the Light command and I don't get the
graphical command user interface only the command-line type options?
..my earlier question: using ver 2008
I'm not certain with your version, but I suggest you check the CMDDIA and FILEDIA commands at the command line. If they are set to 0, try setting them to 1.
Brian.