graphics import and render

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to import a graphic and have it display when I render the drawing. I'm not sure if I'm just importing the
wrong type of file or I'm doing something wrong with render. I'm not that knowledgeable with render. The drawing consists of 3D solids. I'm rendering the drawing and then using a screen capture to export it to Publisher. How I've included enough info.
Thanks in advance mike