Exporting error

I'm relatively new to Solidworks. I basically use it to convert *.stl files into *.x_t files to use in ADINA. The lab I work at just got the

2007 sp0.0 version of Solidworks and I was trying convert some files to parasolid, but I got an error saying "The file could not be saved because the part's geometry is not valid for this type of save operation. I tried other .stl files but they all gave the same error. Any help?
Reply to
samyar

Sam,

When you import STL files into SolidWorks, the default import option is a graphic body only. It is not suitable for export to other 3D formats.

If you select the "Options.." button on the File, Open dialog box before opening the STL file, you have the option of importing the file as a solid or surface body. If it is "clean" STL file (no missing or bad faces), these options should work.

Hope this helps in your situation.

Reply to
John