naming convention of part files for assembly files

In SolidWorks, I have an assembly file bb.sldasm with part files bb1.sldprt bb2.sldprt

when I save the assembly file as STL format, two files are saved: bb1-1.stl bb2-1.stl

What the postfix "-1" means? In what circumstances will numbers other than 1 appear?

(At first I guess postfix other than 1 would occur when part files with the same file name but in different directories are included in the assembly file. But it seems that SolidWorks does not allow me to do so. It shows error.)

Thanks for advice!~

Reply to
yung

If for instance bb1.sldprt was a toy car and you have four (4) wheel/tire combo parts and you save the bb.sldasm then you will have a bb1-1.stl, bb1-2.stl, bb1-3.stl and bb1-4.stl.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Sorry this is clearer (more Clear?)

If for instance toycar.sldasm was a toy car and you have four (4) wheel/tire combo parts called bb1.sldprt and you save the toycar.sldasm then you will have a bb1-1.stl, bb1-2.stl, bb1-3.stl and bb1-4.stl.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

bb1-1 means that it is the first instance of bb1. It is the same for bb2-1. Put another bb1 in the assembly and see what happens.

Reply to
TOP