error 1335 - common0.cab not found

Hi all, I tried to install SolidWorks 2005 on a WinXP pro machine, but during installing an "error 1335" pops up saying that file "common0.cab" is corrupted and there installation doesn't work. Browsing usenet I found that such error occured from time to time when BIOS was not set to "ECP" but too "auto". However, I cannot set the BIOS to "ECP" but only to "auto, disabled,

378 or 578". Also, I have software installed that would need a dongle, but at the moment I have got a version that won't for 4 weeks. May this effect the problem? Thanks for your help, Bernhard
Reply to
Bernhard Hidding