Intel Core 2 Duo - Dongle problems

Hi, I just bought a new computer.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 PNY Quadro FX3500 etc....

My problem is that Solidworks 2003 can not find the parallel dongle... "Can not load DLL: slduiu.dll" - And then shuts down.

Im quite sure it is problems with the mainboard (or the chipset intel

965P) as I have spent 4 days, 60 hour on installing all programs again and again on three different computers:

I can run it on two other computers with no problem but not the new one. I have also move the hard disk from one of the old working computer to the new one and the dongle has not been found. I have installed all the drivers, but it still not found the dongle. But when I return the hard disk back to the "old" computer WITHOUT re-install anything, it work fine again with the dongle.

All has the same bios setting - 378/IRQ7 - ECP+EPP - DMA:3

Anyone else with similar problems??? Anyone else with same cpu and Mainboard..

Anyway im very satisfy with its preformace: The computer runs Solidworks benchmark (SPECviewperf 9.0.3) at Mean:

70,48 at heavy overclocking :-p

Peter

Reply to
Zacca

[...]

"Zacca" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

Did you asked your VAR? Sometimes the dongle driver does not install correctly. Have to uninstall / reinstall. On 7 identical machines, I had one that did it on every upgrade.

Also, for some reason, once I did not have the correct version dongle driver.

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc