Error 67 and !dbspace.cpp@1987

How can i solve those errors???

Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead)

and

!dbspace.cpp@1987: eDwgObjectImproperlyRead

Thanks.

Reply to
Donato Pace

Ever hear of Google? See below: Should be your 1st stop? Not guaranteeing full/relevant answers but it's a start?

Dan

Autodesk - Discussion Groups - HELP! Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead ) Object Discarded Opening and AutoCAD

2004 format file then immediately after that I get this error : ... discussion1.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=383077 - 30k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

HELP! (17 replies) Posted by: hkuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 18:30 (GMT) I just spent a half day creating this file...I opened and saved several times before getting this error when I tried opening it again:

AutoCAD Error Aborting INTERNAL ERROR: !dbqspace.h@410:eDwgObjectImproperlyRead

I then tried to recover the drawing and in the command line this appeared:

Reading handle 11AC object type AcBdPolyline Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead) Object Discarded Opening and AutoCAD 2004 format file

then immediately after that I get this error:

AutoCAD Error Aborting FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at

454a25h

AutoCAD created (or partially created) a recover.dwg but when I try to open it, AutoCAD tells me its not a valid drawing file.

I would attach the file but it is about 1.5 M and I can't open it to make it any smaller. Zipping it doesn't help either.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Heath

Reply From: Cadillac Joe Date: Feb/10/05 - 19:02 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Instead of trying to "open" the file, used the "recover" option under File Utilities.

Reply From: Heath Kuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 19:48 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Already did that - see original post.

Reply From: Cadillac Joe Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:22 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Original post said you tried to "open" it, not "recover". When AutoCAD creates a recover drawing, you must use the "recover" command, not "open".

Reply From: Heath Kuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:45 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Please see original post -

"I then tried to recover the drawing and in the command line this appeared:

Reading handle 11AC object type AcBdPolyline Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead) Object Discarded Opening and AutoCAD 2004 format file

then immediately after that I get this error:

AutoCAD Error Aborting FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at

454a25h

AutoCAD created (or partially created) a recover.dwg but when I try to open it, AutoCAD tells me its not a valid drawing file."

Reply From: lister@rfa Date: Feb/10/05 - 20:55 (GMT)

Re: HELP! send it to me and I'll try it out. Maybe different machine may work?

snipped-for-privacy@rfa.ca

Reply From: kaddman Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:02 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Try inserting the file as a block into a new file and then exploding the block.

Message was edited by: kaddman

Reply From: Heath Kuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:10 (GMT)

Re: HELP! "Block insertion failed"

Reply From: kaddman Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:19 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Any autosave files from earlier in the day?

Reply From: lister@rfa Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:37 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Heath sent me the file and I received the same error. I tried inserting as a block to no avail. I did a recover and it reported 0 errors, but it did open the file. I saved this version and sent it back. Hopefully it will work on his end.

I am running R2004 with no add-ons. Must have been an LDD issue?

Reply From: Cadillac Joe Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:44 (GMT)

Re: HELP! LDD? Sounds like cockpit error to me....

Reply From: Heath Kuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 21:51 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Just cause you can't seem to read (or understand, for that matter) the content of the original post, don't blame the problem on a user or 'cockpit' error. I thought this was a forum for helping others try to solve CAD issues not one for insults.

Reply From: Cadillac Joe Date: Feb/11/05 - 15:38 (GMT)

Re: HELP! It wasn't an isult. It was a statement.

Reply From: Heath Kuszak Date: Feb/10/05 - 22:00 (GMT)

Re: HELP! This worked - thanks for the help.

BTW - its Heath.

Reply From: lister@rfa Date: Feb/10/05 - 23:53 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Sorry Heath. Read your email too fast I guess.

Reply From: Jason Rhymes Date: Feb/10/05 - 22:22 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Avoid problems that can cause drawing file corruption or data loss

Reply From: Jim Mims Date: Feb/21/05 - 21:13 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Sorry for the bad experience Heath. We ain't all like that. I just wanted to ask if you were aware that AutoCAD makes an autosave file with a .sv$ extension that can be renamed back to .dwg and then used? In options, you can also set your default autosave time. I have mine set at 5 minutes. There's some info in help on this under the topic autosave and when I entered the search string ".sv$" into help, there was some pretty good info too under a heading titled "Save a Drawing". On a number of occasions, I've had to find and rename this *.sv$ drawing and use it after a file became corrupted.

The suggestions noted in the tech doc that Jason referenced are excellent too. I'm glad to see that AutoCAD has grouped these suggestions together into a document.

- Jim

Reply From: DavidM Date: Oct/19/05 - 21:19 (GMT)

Re: HELP! Virus scan software can cause AutoCad to return the edwgobjectimproperlyread error. Try turning off the virus scan software and open the file. If this works, you should make some changes to the virus scan settings to exclude the AutoCad folders and AutoCad temp folders.

begin 666 btn_reply.gif M1TE&.#EA)@`-`.8``,+"POW]_?[^_OOZ^_S[_/3T]/CX^/+R\O+R\_KY^?/S M\_7U]4JRU/?V]_'Q\?GY^??V]O;U]4NSU?W^_3RMT4FRTX3)X/KZ^_'Q\DNS MU/+Q\EFXU_/R\DFQT_S]_/;U]OGZ^?KZ^OW\_/?W]G7#W'3"V_3T]?O\_/K[ M^_+S\_O\^^?O\MOL\OW]_OS\^[[A[)W1XJ_;Z9_3Y!^ARW?$WN;N\?;W]_'R M\5BWUMWM\Y[2XWC%WV:]V=#J\

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Didn't mean for the above to sound snippy.........

Dan

Dan Deckert