Error 1935 During Install of the Solidworks 2004

When I try to setup Solidworks 2004 I get by ~85 % installatin Error 1935 with number at the end -2147024894 and installation go in rolling back action and deinstall just begining instalation.

snipped-for-privacy@siol.net

Reply to
Adi

Did you disable all anti-virus checking? Is this a first installation of SW on the machine? If not, you may need to clean all the old stuff out.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

In hex, the number -2147024894 corresponds to 0xFFFFFFFF80070002 which is probably the low level Windows error code for what went wrong. Typically, this error occurs when a file cannot be found. Your SW CD may be corrupt.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

I wish I could specifically address your question with a suggested solution; however, it reminds me of how frustrating it is to be presented with rather cryptic error messages during SolidWorks Windows Installer failures.

If you happen to have a programmer's reference manual and can look up the definition of "Error 1935", or any of the other similarly meaningless ones, then it might make some sense.

Why can't the messages be written in terms that are easily understood and useful to the average user?

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Per:

If you see an error message like this, it typically means that their is an error in the error handling code. When handling errors, it is common to hand an error to code which lives in a layer somewhere above the layer in which the error occurred. The thinking is that this upper level code will have a better understanding of how to handle the error. If an error bubbles up in this fashion, it is possible that nothing has been provided to handle it at all. Applications often have a very generic error handler in the topmost layer of the application which can do little more than spit out the error code, because it has lost all the context associated with the error. This is where such seemingly cryptic error messages come from. It isn't that the code writers have purposely generated such an obtuse message. Rather, they have forgotten to deal with the error in a graceful manner and the last ditch error handler is simply letting you know that something bad happened.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley