vb DLL question (Solidworks API)

Ive made a solidworks add-in DLL. if i drag and drop my DLL into solidworks everything is fine. then if i want to make changes to the DLL. when i go back into solidworks i get an error. so i remove the DLL from the registry using regedit. then drag and drop the DLL back into solidworks. and everything is fine again. there must be a better way to test my DLL then having to remove it from the registry every time. does anyone have some insight on this.

thanks.

Sean Phillips

Reply to
Sean Phillips

in the Project menu, select the "Project Properties" at the bottom of the menu, then select the "Component" tab and check either the "Project Compatibility" or the "Binary Compatibility" to generate a new DLL with the same CLSID as the previous version.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

thanks. Worked greate. it was anoying and slowed me down quite a bit.

thanks again

Reply to
Sean Phillips