C++ DLL in visual basic 6 project

i have a DLL with api built into it. this DLL was made in visual C++. id like to use it in my visual basic 6 project. when i try to add it as a reference its says. "Can't add reference to the specified file." does anyone know what i can do.

thanks.

Sean Phillips.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Try the Group

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

I am sure someone there knows how to make a custom C++ app referencable in VB

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

actually you have to declare every single function/procedure you want to use in the initial part of any vb source file --.mdb or .frm--. it is not enough to add a reference to a .dll: it would be ok only for some particular dlls. ask some vb newsgroup for details.

regards.

Reply to
Gianni Rondinini