OPC Client to ABB PLC in Visual Basic

Dear group,

I am trying to find an OPC Client that works with the ABB PLC. I use Visual Basic as the development platform. Does anyone have any recommendations? It doesn't have to be freeware. Any recommendations when Visual C is the development platform?

Thanks in advance.

Henk Borsje

Reply to
Henk Borsje

Hi,

An OPC client cannot directly communicate with ABB-PLC. For that you must have an OPC server for ABB-PLC. Check this link

This includes a list of differnt OPC server for various PLC.

For getting data from OPC Server in VB, you have different options:

# You can directly use VB automation wrapper supplied by OPC foundation (free) or check for DA automation wrapper at this link

Automation Wrapper . You should have some knowlege of OPC Standard.

# You use any OPC client Active X. Free as well as commerical solutions are available. Check this link

For VC it is also same, you can use third party library.

The most important is getting OPC server for ABB-PLC, and not the client. A OPC client will talk to any OPC server.

HTH,

Bhuvnesh Jain

"technology takes over" Tech> Dear group,

recommendations? It

Reply to
Bhuvnesh