OPC Client to ABB PLC in Visual Basic

Dear group,
I am trying to find an OPC Client that works with the ABB PLC. I use Visual Basic as the development platform. Does anyone have any recommendations? It
doesn't have to be freeware. Any recommendations when Visual C is the development platform?
Thanks in advance.
Henk Borsje
Hi,
An OPC client cannot directly communicate with ABB-PLC. For that you must have an OPC server for ABB-PLC. Check this link http://www.matrikonopc.com/products/opc-drivers/index.asp . This includes a list of differnt OPC server for various PLC.
For getting data from OPC Server in VB, you have different options:
# You can directly use VB automation wrapper supplied by OPC foundation (free) or check for DA automation wrapper at this link http://www.nordyn.com/Downloads/Downloads.htm#DA Automation Wrapper . You should have some knowlege of OPC Standard.
# You use any OPC client Active X. Free as well as commerical solutions are available. Check this link http://opcconnect.com/source.php .
For VC it is also same, you can use third party library.
The most important is getting OPC server for ABB-PLC, and not the client. A OPC client will talk to any OPC server.
HTH,
Bhuvnesh Jain
"technology takes over" Techon Dater Systems Pvt Ltd D-2, Kalaji Goraji,Udaipur-313001 INDIA
Henk Borsje wrote:

Visual
recommendations? It

the