Stepper motor Visual Basic

I am fishing through all the stuff available and I am overwhelmed with systems. I am going to select a motor which should be no problem. I am
really looking for a near complete system, motor, controller, USB or other link to a PC. I need a simple screen doing a basic run with values easily entered in fields by the user. The run will be something like this. Go a certain speed A for a certain time B, wait C, go back to starting position at D speed. I don't see any need for feedback. or even a home position. I see many systems out there, and I have never used Visual Basic before, so things are a bit hazy. I don't need to spend a lot of money and a lot of time doing this. Can anybody help me?
thanks gs