LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Alpha Rex with Visual Basic Programming Interface

I need help with programming the Lego Robot commands like forward, backward, left, right commands with Visual Basic 2008 interface I
created, I am fairly new to this, and wished I had more programming experience. This is quite a challenge because I am trying to find resources on the internet but I cannot find any template or tutorial that someone has developed. Please Help!! I would greatly appreciate it!
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:32:58 -0700 (PDT), Doctor Scholle

Try the tutorial at: <http://www.vorlesungen.uni-osnabrueck.de/informatik/robot00/doc/lego/report.pdf
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

In message
Scholle wrote:

If you want to become more skilled at programming, Visual Basic is not the best route.
Try a more modern language, like Python.
On Saturday, April 2, 2011 11:48:16 PM UTC-7, Lawrence D&#39;Oliveiro wrote:

Actually if you want to become skilled at programming, learn to ignore comments from newbs like this.
Hey,
I know this answer is kinda late, but hopefully it can help out someone else. You can easily write a program in VB to control your NXT.
The NXT can accept commands / communicate over USB or Bluetooth. You will need to send commands down to the NXT that are properly formatted and written in the correct syntax / protocol. Since there is a lot to cover, I would recommend taking a look at this writeup here:
http://www.robotappstore.com/Knowledge-Base/Programming-LEGO-NXT-Mindstorms/92.html
It covers all the basics of the types of commands that you will need to send to the NXT as well as helpful examples. The tutorial uses a more simplistic application to send the commands, however if you can duplicate that in VB (which is fairly simple), then you can easily make a program in VB to control you NXT.
If you hook up your NXT to your computer via Bluetooth or USB, you can search for the connection in the device manager. From here, you can determine which "COM" port # it is assigned to, and then in VB you simply address that com port, and send the commands you wish.
If you have any further questions, I would recommend posting a question at the bottom of that writeup - since LEGO's own "direct bluetooth commands" description .pdf is written very poorly. There are also some other apps you can download from the website and if you take a look around there they might even have some examples written in VB for you. Here is one I found that uses C# - however should give you a great start:
http://www.robotappstore.com/Apps/NXTNET-for-LEGO-Mindstorms.html?x=CB7E4B7D-5878-49C5-8254-7F1924F1330F
Hope this helps!