Text properties 'BackgroundColor' problem.

I would like to achieve the result similar to this from MW helpdesk: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/text_props.html
and wish to have nontransparent background. Well, it doesn't work properly. Look at this code pasted from MW site:

['sin(3*pi/4) = ',num2str(sin(3*pi/4))],... 'HorizontalAlignment','center',... 'BackgroundColor',[.7 .9 .7]);
??? Error using ==> text Invalid text property: 'BackgroundColor'.
I was looking for this property in Property Editor. It doesn't exist (at least for text). I use MATLAB Version 6.1.0.450 (R12.1) on PCWIN.
Mayby someone could help me. Mayby there is another way to make background nontransparent (for text placed on the plot) or mayby I do something wrong? I would be greatful for help or suggestions.
--
Mikolaj