Best way to show visual threads in a drawing view.

I would like to show threads in a drawing view, but "cosmetic threads" dont cut it for visual purposes. Modeling a thread (helix or rotated/patterned) takes to much time, and bogs down an assembly if not suppressed.

What I find effective, but takes time to draw is a series of parrallel lines drawing at the end of the pipe, like threads drawn in the old days.

Does anyone have a macro that can do this easily?

Does anyone have any other suggestions/tips that you would like to share.

advTHANKSance

Reply to
SW Monkey

What about doing a revolved cut and a linear pattern. That's the way our designers model threads. Looks good and much less resource intensive.

Al

Reply to
Alan Etzkorn