Trying to return the scale of a drawing view...

Hi All...
I am trying to create an automated note that returns the scale of the drawing view that it is attached to.
I have made many notes in the past to return information such as part
number, material, etc ($PRPMODEL:"Description")
I can not find any link (in SolidWorks help or API) so the note can display the scale of the view.
Can anyone help me with this?
I don't think we have access to the drawing view scale as a property - it's something that's been on my wish list for years.
WT

FOSW,
I believe this requires the use of a macro to add this value to an annotation note attached to your view. I'm not sure if this is available previous to 2007, but there is the View::ScaleRatio VBA funciton that returns the view scale as a value stated as the traditional ratio N:N. The macro would have to first know which view you want to do this for, then find the value, and then create the text. The draw back is that it will need to be manually run each time the view scale changes.
This seems to me like this may be a case of the cure being worse than the disease. I'll hunt around and see if anyone else has a better solution.
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com
FOSW,
Please see this thread. There's a macro there: http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid 5304
It's deos what you want, but it doesn't update if you change the view. You'll have to rerun the macro in that event.
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com

FOSW,
There's a new updated macro that addes the drawing view scale to the view, plus has some other options too. Here's the thread discussion about it:
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid 3684&page=4
I have it uploaded here:
http://sw.fcsuper.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewdownloaddetails&lidq
Happy hunting!