Sheetmetal Flat Pattern drawing view macro

When a drawing is created for a sheetmetal part, and a flat pattern view is inserted, all the bend lines are the same whether the flange
bends >up or down. For example, in our factory they know that the flange bends up if it is dashed and bends down if it is solid-dashed. Some CAM programs put a note "Bend up" or "Bend down" over each line. I have automated our process to create a solidworks drawing and a DXF file from the drawing, but if I still have to go back in to manually change the bend lines in the drawing to the two styles I mentioned it takes away from the automation.
Question, is there a macro out there that changes these lines automatically? It seems like SolidWorks should have something like this incorporated already. Ive seen a macro that put "Bend Up" and "Bend Down" notes, but this would change our process in manufacturing, so I would rather use a macro that changes the lines (dashed/solid-dashed).
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com (SW Monkey) wrote in message

How about hiding SW's bend lines and generating a sketch with appropriate solid/dashed settings? (either in the part itself or in the drawing)
- mvk
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Vinodh Kumar M) wrote in message

Seems like it would be easier to change the bend line "line type". Do you have this macro already? I would love to give it a try.
Just to clarify what we do here. 1.) We have a sheetmetal part, lets say a bracket with (2) 90 degree bends, (1) bend up, (1) bend down. When we open a drawing, we choose the "Flat Pattern" view that Solidworks automatically generates. Solidworks automatically makes both lines solid-dashed, so we choose the line that needs to be bent up, and make it dashed line type.
Why doesnt Solidworks automate this process of displaying whats bent up, and whats bent down?
What do most companies do to show this on a drawing?
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com (SW Monkey) wrote in message

I don't have a macro that does what you have described. I feel the SW API is deficient in giving access to the flat-pattern features.

You do this in SolidWorks or some other program like AutoCAD?

We (my vendors...) use "DIST - ANGLE - DIR" like "50 - 45 DEG - U". One of the several possibilities I guess.
- mvk

We do this in Solidworks. Simply pick the line, and choose another linetype.
It seems like this is possible automatically. Have you or anyone else seen any macros for making sheetmetal drawings?
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com (SW Monkey) wrote in message

You can download "swBendsQu" from <http://www.markkulehtola.net/sw/ and modify it to suit your needs...
- mvk