Re: Sheet Metal, bending to make a box

To answer your question - yes. The best thing to do is start with the help file as there is a lot of information there about the different types of sheetmetal parts. If you get stuck, come back & ask.

WT

I am trying to make a box from a flat stock, but only can bend when the > bending lines are parallel. Is it possible to have two perpendicular > bending lines? I cannot bend all sides up. Really appreciate your help. > > Thanks > >
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

here is a good tip that i read on here. if 2 side fold up and meet. make the fold so that there is a 1/32" or 1/64" gap between the 2 sides. then unfolding is simple.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Tutorials and help are pretty complete on this subject, as previously stated. Everything you need is there, but I will say that in designing, make it symetrical if at all possible and construct only one quarter of the box contraining the bottom, end and a side. After it unfolds as you like and bend reliefs and notching are acceptable, mirror to create a complete box. This technique will cut your work to

1/4 that of doing the entire box with base and edge flanges. It also makes troubleshooting much easier.

You cannot bend in 2 directions at once unless you draw a plate using Base Extrude instead of Base Flange and then add sheetmetal bends. You can edit the Process-Bends/Flat-Sketch. Put your bend lines in. It should fold. Remember that you must have Large enough relief on any that come to a corner. Or even close to a corner.

Otherwise you can do only parallel bends with the same bend angle in each sketched bend.

Regards

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich