Color Delete Macro?

Guys:

As most of you know, there are different ways that one can add color to a SWX part file:

Part Level Feature Level Face Level Assy Level ?????

Unfortunately, when you work with other people how they assign color is a complete crap shoot -- some know how they should do it, some don't, and so often when it comes time to tidy them up before release it's a pain in the butt to remove color from features, faces, etc. so that you can then reassign a single color at the part level.....

Does anyone have a macro that will remove all colors and other color properties with the press of a button?

Thanks,

Todd

Reply to
Todd

I have a macro for face color and another one for feature color. Don't have one for body color yet. So far, only the face color is set to work with multibody parts, the feature color macro will work as long as there are not multibodies present.

I use the face color macro all the time for

Go to macros library and search the list.

matt

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Todd) wrote in news:117ce7b5.0402061229.43e59e55 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I commiserate succinctly. Of course I'm my own culprit, often forgetting as time goes by when, where and how I changed the color of a face or part.

This 'macro' should already be in solidworks.

Zander

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Todd) wrote in news:117ce7b5.0402061229.43e59e55 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
Zander

Try this:

There is a macro there called mm_01.zip - clear all face colors.

I think Matt Lombard has one on his site as well,

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I had a look at an add-in called Go-Engineer and one of it's functions was 'Auto Colour' - every time you start a new part it will automatically add a different colour - could be worth it for your office.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Just two weeks ago I posted on eng-tips.com and yahoo SW API forum re: API to change body color. Same deal: easy enough to reset faces and features, but no way to reset bodies.

Nothin'!

Reply to
TheTick

snipped-for-privacy@liquidschwarz.com (TheTick) wrote in news:2e958085.0402062031.50a6a7e1 @posting.google.com:

You can RMB on the body in the folder and go to properties, color, remove. Of course it would be nice to have a macro to do this. It would seem easy enough to modify the ones on my site to handle all types if you wanted to.

Reply to
matt

I'm sorry. I failed to mention the obvious. I'll have to be more meticulous in future postings. We're talking about automating this process, matt.

When you record a macro while resetting body color, SW records the commands for resetting face colors. Repeating the commands in a program does not work, though.

Reply to
TheTick

Reply to
TheTick