Part color problem

I have a SW 2007 problem. I have a component that is made up of simple extrusions and extruded cuts. I am trying to give the part a uniform color, but I cannot get them all to look the same. Some are fine, but many will not accept a color at all. They stay grey no matter what I do.

It seems like that parts that are vut surfaces accept the color while the base extrusions do not. I have selected the parts, and the entire model seperately to try and remove the colors, but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

"Bruce" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Which level did you apply the color to? faces / functions / part?

Remove color in every place you put it, and apply the color to the part level.

Reply to
Jean Marc

Don't you just love it?

SW missing some trigger like remove all colors every where

There are two ways of changing colors of feature / face

Right click - appearance or Right click - properties - color

But some times neither of them works

And then there is material feature which changes colors, and there is configuration colors settings .

I have no good solution for it , just couple suggestions that sometimes worked for me

Unhide display pane

Look for any feature with color box next to it - remove if you can (because sometimes you can't)

Right click - properties on colored faces remove colors

Change the configurations (sometimes makes the colors update)

Close - Open file may work

Most problems I have is with files that had color changed in previous releases of SW

And one more thing: design tables.

Reply to
mr.T

Below is a link to a macro that removes colors, other than body colors. It's the one called "Remove Colors":

There is another one on here, "Remove Color From All Faces":
There are several macros for removing colors here; "Removal All Part Colors" may be the best bet:
Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger