A BOM question

Hello,

I have an assembly that contains several instances of the same part. As these parts have different functions, I named them differently in the assembly (they're all the same file, just different names).

We're now talking of a drawing of the entire assy.

In the BOM of the assembly, I'd like to not just see a line that says I need ten times that or that part, but I'd like to have each part listed separately with its name and associated balloon.

What I'd like even more is a note that I can manually attach to each part which calls out that part's name. The given name that is, not the file name.

Any way to do this in SW2005?

Thanks,

--Daniel

Reply to
Haude Daniel
[stuff]

To (partially) answer my own question, I guess this can't be done because the text I want to see pertains to the "role" the part in question plays in the assembly.

--Daniel

Reply to
Haude Daniel

Yeah, I came up with that, too, but it's too cumbersome and no less error-prone than assigning the notes by hand and double-checking everything.

--Daniel

Reply to
Haude Daniel