Drawing?, parts from assy & Linked to BOM...

When creating a drawing of an assembly I sometimes place the assy views
on Sheet 1, then the parts on the following Sheets. In previous releases
of SWX, I'd Tile the Drawing and Assy, select Model View from the
drawing menu, go to the Assy and select the part I wanted from the Assy
Tree. I can't do this in SW2006. I'd sure like to, was it a bug in
previous releases, or did they change it as an 'improvement' in 2006?
Seems as thought I remember the parts placed in the drawing that way
stayed tied to the Assy, and thus the BOM, now they're just lost
parts...
When I select right click on the part views in the drawing and check
'Keep linked to BOM' "NONE" is the only option, it doesn't see the BOM
on sheet 1.
Thanks
Reply to
hayduke
This was a bug introduced in 2006 SP3.X and has been fixed in SP4
There has never been a way to link the detailed part drawing views back to any of the BOMs or assembly drawing views.
Thanks for the info, hope SP4 really works...
j wrote:
I thought I'd done this before... :o/
Reply to
hayduke
ITEM NUMBERS, etc. ) to any of the detail view drawings. There never has been a way. This hasn't changed.