CUSTOM PROPERTY NAMES AND VALUES NOT REFLECTED ON (EXCEL) BOM IN DWG.

Please bear with me, I am green. Assembly drawing document with parts. I want to create an excel linked bom that shows on the assy drawing doc. I went into each part and put in catagories NAME ...............DIAL DESCRIPTION... INDEX DIAL NUMBER...........5002

When I go to the assy. drawing doc., the and double click on the excel bom, I get catagories I did not even put in i.e. PART NO. QTY ITEM The only column or group that refected what I did was DESCRIPTION.

After I made these custom changes in the part file, I did save, I went to the assy doc and did a control Q to update. I have LINK TO BOM CHECKED. HELP, ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HECK I AM DOING WRONG? I AM GETTING FRUSTRATED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Reply to
billyb

PART NO, QTY & ITEM MUST be in the excel BOM template. They can be hidden if you don't need them in the BOM. What version of SW are you using. If you have 2005-2007 I would use the SW BOM as it is easier to set up and use.

billyb

Reply to
billyb