Bom in a drawing

Hello Big World ! I re-post my question as I haven't had a bite at the first attempt... I am adding a BOM to a drawing of an assembly.
In that BOM, I have Item No, Description, Qty, Part No and finally a column for the Issue. The information is linked to the custom properties of each part. The only problem is with the ISSUE column. I cannot select a particular revision level for each part. If I select Revision level 3 for instance for one part, custom prop. rev_level_3 will populate right across all the cells in the ISSUE column: if a part hasn't been up-issued to that rev. level, the cell is left blank. I have to double click and re-enter the rev level manually. The cell properties dialog box only controls the text justification & font, not the actual content of the cell. Am I missing something? Is anyone interested in answering, or is the question really that dumb?!!! Thanks.
[...]
I don't have an answer, and maybe the reason nobody else has answered - what version of SW are you using & what kind of BOM - the new SW one, or Excel based? Without that info, I don't know where to start looking.
WT

Sorry for the lack of details: SWX 2004 sp4.2 It's a BOM from within SWX - the "new one" (not an Excel). To answer Kenneth post, as you say it is the Column properties... but not the cell properties that one has access to. As explained in my original post, I can't find a way to assign different rev. level for the parts listed in that BOM. Once a custom prop. is selected (revision level in my case) it applies to all cells in that column. Thanks for your time guys, much obliged.

the different rev levels will come from the part's custom properties. if the rev's are all the same, then your parts must have the same custom properties. i think your close to solving the problem.
I think the problem lies in the fact that in the Column titled "Issue" of the BOM, we are using the "revision level" custom properties that populate the title block (we have rev.level 01 to rev. level 06, along with description of the change, date, etc...).
Obviously, as parts can (& most likely will) have different rev. levels within the same BOM, we need to create an extra cust. prop. in the parts template showing the "current" rev. level.
That is this particular custom prop. that would have to be selected in the BOM, for the content of the Column "Issue".
Thanks for the input.
ok ... so i can't quite tell, did you get it to work for you?
Yep! Just an extra custom prop. just for that purpose did the trick. The part template will have to change. I guess the title block here needs fine tuning as well: it shows the drg size next to the part/n (who cares about sheet size), instead of displaying the current issue, which could also be used in BOM. Thanks for your time. Best regards

just below text justification and font should be, column porperties table properties table format bom contents
select column properties, user defined, etc ...