BOM Column Name

I'm currently creating a BOM using the default SWX tool and I am having trouble with the name of a column.

I have selected the title as Quantity from the drop down list and SWX automatically re-names the column "default/QTY" as I have several configs.

I manually re-name the column to QTY but everytime I save or open/close the drawing the column is re-named "default/QTY"

Anyone know how I can stop this without having to manually create the BOM or use the EXCEL BOM tool

Cheers,

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin

See if you have a period at the end of the name. If so, remove it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You have to completly delete the original text and then rewrite in QTY...

I dunno why.

Reply to
Cam J

Wayne, You're a star - I would never have thought that would do it but it looks like it has!

Thx

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin

Un Friggin believable. I was pulling out my hair trying to get QTY. to stick a few weeks back in 2004 called the VAR and they thought I had to just live with it. Now I can work around. You would have thought that after re-typing QTY. 25 times I would have left the period off just once. Evidently not. Thanks Wayne. (Didn't periods cause problems with the Excel BOM too?)

Corey

Reply to
CS

Sorry I didn't tell you sooner - this came up a couple times last year and it's one of those that I happened to remember. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany