Assembly "Component Name" in BOM, custom properties

Is there a way I can extract the component name of a part in an assembly to insert into the BOM or as a custom property in a note? This is after I've changed its name in the assembly: i.e. CB-1, CB-2, SW-1, SW-2 etc. to match a wiring diagram.

Thanks,

Reply to
guynoir

If you look in API help under Traverse assembly you will find a macro that will go through your assembly. You will still have to extract and print to file whatever information you need from each component and configuration you have found.

Reply to
TOP

guynoir wrote in news:1178670403.276611.88910 @e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

The the SW BOM (not Excel BOM) column properties, you can assign a custom property to each cell in the BOM. You can pick "SW-File Name" from the drop-down list to have the file names inserted into a column in the BOM. path names andconfiguration names are also available.

You can to a similar thing in notes attached to parts in drawing views by linking to this property: $PRPVIEW:"SW-File Name" Again, check the drop- down lists. There is a very similar mechanism for notes in models.

Reply to
Dale Dunn