Custom properties in Drawing

Hello,

Is there a way to display a custom property of a specific file in a note in a drawing file, without using the $PRPVIEW or $PRPSHEET method?

Let's assume I have a file named: 'File1.sldasm' that contains a custom properties name 'Prop1'.

I'd like to be able to call something like:

$PRP:" snipped-for-privacy@File1.sldasm" (instead of $PRPVIEW:"Prop1")

What would be the correct syntax?

-----/////--- More complex question below... ---\\\\\-----

Why do I want to do that?

My final goal is to take the value of a property from the assembly and have that value display in EACH line of a specific colum in a SW- BOM.

I assume that the syntax I seek could be used as a column equation in a SW-BOM to have the property display on each line. (The $PRPVIEW syntax does not seem to work.) Of course, if there is any other way to achieve that, I would gladly use it.

(And, in case you wonder why I'd like to have a property displayed on each line, it is because I'd like to use it on another column as an input to a 'IF' statement.)

Thank you for your help!

- Bromptonville

Reply to
bromptonville-un

Bromptonville,

You may be able to do this with a macro feature embedded > Hello,

Reply to
fcsuper

Did you check out all of your options for properties in notes? Besides the drawing and default model, you can connect to the model displayed in a specific view or the model to which a note is attached (with a leader). Perhaps add a view displaying just the model of interest?

Reply to
That70sTick

I just tried this: Create note with a leader attached to component of interes. Insert properties into note with option to use component to which note is attached. Finish note. Edit note again, and remove leader (red "X"). Note will still be associated with that component until a new leader is attached elsewhere.

Reply to
That70sTick