Model Description property in Drawing

Hi,

How can I show a model property called Description on my drawing?

I used to have this working a couple releases ago, however, it has not worked since at least SW2005.

I'm getting tired of having to type it in again on the drawings.

I don't remember the syntax that used to work, but it was something like this:

$PRP:"SW-Description" or $PRP:"Description"

Anyone have it working?

In case anyone wants to display the model weight in the drawing, I do have that working:

$PRP:"WEIGHT""SW-Mass@$PRP:"SW-File Name".sldprt" lbs

(For an assembly, change the sldprt to sldasm.)

David

Reply to
dmdnut

$PRPVIEW:"Description"

You can also select it through the UI by starting your note, click the Link to Property button in the PM, choose the "Model in view to which the annotation is attached" option, open the list in the box, and choose Description. To see what you just inserted into the note, go to the properties of that note.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Instead of double-clicking your note to Edit it, Rigt-Mouse-Button it and choose Properties. In that window click the Link icon (not the Link icon with the globe on it). That will let you choose whether to pull properties from the drawing file, inserted model/view, or the actual assembly component the note is attached to...then it'll give you a pull-down list of all available properties for that mode.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

That syntax looks familiar. Thanks for the replies, however, it doesn't work. Same old problem.

I have this property link in my format as a note and nothing comes in. When I go back to "edit sheet", the link is just blank. No errors or anything.

Any ideas?

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
dmdnut

Maybe the obvious - you don't have that property set to anything in the model config? If it still doesn't work, how about sending me a copy of your model & drawing - I'll take a look at it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Mine is working in 2005-2007 as "$PRPSHEET:"Description".

Reply to
Brian

Well, guys, I figured it out - sort of.

There's something wrong with my installation. I tried it on my coworkers machine (who recently installed fresh w/o upgrading) and it work fine. I've just been upgrading for the past few releases.

I've had other stupid things happen as well such as only being able to do a "save as" 2 or 3 times. That however has been fixed since upgrading to 2007.

Looks like I need to remove everything and reinstall fresh!

Thanks for the replies!

Brian wrote:

Reply to
dmdnut