Mass Properties

Probably easy answer but...

How do I display 0 digit precision on a drawing for weight [through $PRP] and yet maintain 2digit accuracy for measurements, etc.

Right now I am forcing measurements to 0 digits [to get mass to 0 digits], resulting in no accuracy for real measurements.

Thanks KS NH, USA

Reply to
KWSchneider

The mass property will display in the precision of the model as I understand it. The precision of the drawing controls the local dimensions.

The string to get the mass property is as follows.

"SW-Mass@$PRPSHEET:"SW-File Name".SLDPRT" for a part file and "SW-Mass@$PRPSHEET:"SW-File Name".SLDASM" for an assembly

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

FLASH!!!! With SW2005, you can now control the display precision of the mass properties separately from dimensions, etc. Go to Tools/Options/Document Properties/Density units. If you have a note tied to the property and you change the decimal places, you have to rebuild to have the note pick it up.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

That solved all your problems from a few weeks ago didn't it Wayne.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Interesting that you would remember that. I found it last week and immediately recognized that it should allow the display of the mass property value to be controlled. And, yes, I think it does make the use of the property possible now. I haven't had time to really work out the code & everything, but it looks quite hopeful.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany