Configuration specific weight in title block

Hi-

Is there a way in Solidworks to link to a specfic configuration to display the weight in the title block (sheet format)? I'd like it to always display the weight of a specific configuration not the last saved or active configuration of the part file. If so, could someone please provide the Property variable syntax to do this?

Thanks in advance- Chris

Reply to
cbackus

Brian Putnam

Hi Brian-

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I have this, I don't see a way to put the custom property value of the weight for the specific configuration into the title block however, so no matter which configuration is active the title block always references one configuration. This is what is needed.

Reply to
cbackus

I figured it out, I need to have an overall custom property that references the weight of the configuration version. For example to get the Machined weight rather then the casting weight of a part I added a Custom Property Titled: MACHINED_WEIGHT with the value "SW- Mass@@ snipped-for-privacy@112412.SLDPRT" where "Machined" is the Configuration Name for the Part 112412, then I can call out this Property in a title block note with this syntax: ~ $PRPSHEET:"Machined_weight" LBS

Reply to
cbackus