Configuration Specific Properties in BOMs

I figure I must be overlooking the obvious, but I can't seem to get the Description for individual configurations to show up in my BOM. I've tried with both SW BOM and Excel. I wondered if the probelm was that the Configuration Specific property is named Description, just like the custom property, but I thought the Configuration took precedence over the default Custom property. It seems to work that way for my Drawing Number field. I found a couple posts that appear to address this thru API commands, but isn't there a way to do this directly? I don't have the time, at the moment, to get a macro working.

SW2005 SP4 ST V5R12 SP11 XP Pro SP2 Excel 2003

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
anonymouse.13

Just a guess - maybe the name Description in the config area isn't actually spelled correctly? You are correct that the config specific property should take priority.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

make sure that all your drawing views are set to the assembly configuration your wanting the BOM to look at

Then also make sure that the part is set to the configuration you want in the Assembly

Then rebuild the assembly drawing to get the BOM to update

Hope that helps

Steve T.

Reply to
SteveT