Registry entry needed if anyone has

The funtionality of the general option to display thumbnails in explorer view is non-funtional in 2006 (all other file types with thumbnails display properly ). Under certain circumstances ( mine for one ), the removal of

2005, with 2006 installed, removes the registry entry that tells windows to display thumbnails for sw related files. SW 2006 will not remake the entry if not already present.

I believe the entry should reside at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sldprt. Could someone with funtional thumbnails look at that location and provide the data to manually generate the key? Not sure this will fix my issue, but worth a shot. Using xp pro sp2. My other option is to re-install 2005 solely to get tumbnails.

Reply to
Brian

FYI Hoel Per sent me the registry entry, thanks. However there must be more to it than that. Installing the registry entry did not fix it, installing

2005 in addition to 2006 did. So I guess 2005 has to stay on my machine until they fix 2006 thumbnails.
Reply to
Brian

Brian,

Reply to