Registry Expert Needed

During an uninstall of a previous version and clean out of the Registry, awhile back, I distinctly remember deleting a Solidworks registry related file that I shouldn't have. At Solidworks startup, I get an annoying message that reads..."Failed to update System Registry, please try using Regedit". I click OK by it and Solidworks proceeds normally and runs well. The fact that I have to click OK twice, tells me that I deleted two keys that I shouldn't have. If there is someone here who is expert at editing the Registry for Solidworks, I would appreciate his/her help in restoring the two files, or maybe there is a way to toggle the permission on again. Thanks in advance. G. De Angelis

Valhallagrafix

G. De Angelis

Have you tried repairing your install?

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" find SolidWorks and click Change rather than Remove. The SolidWorks Setup Wizard will give you the options of Modify, Repair or Remove. Repair will probably (fingers crossed) solve your issues.

John Layne

John Layne

I have the same problem. I did not clean the registry manually, but rather I used SW registry cleaning tool. I am not sure that this is a problem of deleting any SW key, but rather a permission problem. With all the MSoft automatic updates these days I would not be surprised if some vulnerable area of the registry has been locked down. I have not had time to trace the source of this problem, but regmon comes to mind as a tool that might reveal the root cause.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

On Mar 9, 1:24 pm, "John Layne" > get an annoying message that reads..."Failed to update System

Many thanks for your response, Gentlemen!

G. De Angelis Valhalla Grafix LTD

G. De Angelis