Error Message

Has anyone had this problem. At SWX startup, I get a message "failed
to update system registry,try using regedit".
It would appear that I unknowingly deleted a file in my registry that
SWX startup is dependant on. For some reason, this problem does not
affect the way SWX runs, it runs ok. I can get rid of the message
window and SWX proceeds to install ok. I have allready tried the repair
utility in control panel without success.
Does anyone have a fix for this aggrevation I hope?
Dave
Reply to
plasticmoldedproducts
I saw this "message" on my friend's computer. It asks you to "click" to begin "regedit", right? Its a "virus", not a legitimate error message. Run a virus scan to delete the faulty files.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell
No it isn't a virus, there is no asking me to "click to begin regedit", the cause of this error message is due to the absence of a small file, or registry key that has been deleted in error , but thanks.
Reply to
plasticmoldedproducts
Try "repairing" your SolidWorks installation. Insert CD#1, then follow the prompts to repair the installation.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell
Back-up all specific data(Templates, Design Library, etc.) and run the Save Settings Wizard to preserve Toolbars prior to running the repair.
Devon
Reply to
Devon T. Sowell