Error Message

Has anyone had this problem. At SWX startup, I get a message "failed to update system registry,try using regedit".
It would appear that I unknowingly deleted a file in my registry that SWX startup is dependant on. For some reason, this problem does not affect the way SWX runs, it runs ok. I can get rid of the message window and SWX proceeds to install ok. I have allready tried the repair utility in control panel without success. Does anyone have a fix for this aggrevation I hope? Dave
I saw this "message" on my friend's computer. It asks you to "click" to begin "regedit", right? Its a "virus", not a legitimate error message. Run a virus scan to delete the faulty files.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

No it isn't a virus, there is no asking me to "click to begin regedit", the cause of this error message is due to the absence of a small file, or registry key that has been deleted in error , but thanks.
Try "repairing" your SolidWorks installation. Insert CD#1, then follow the prompts to repair the installation.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

Back-up all specific data(Templates, Design Library, etc.) and run the Save Settings Wizard to preserve Toolbars prior to running the repair.
Devon