Error with word document in drawing...

Have an interesting minor (but agitating) problem. I have SWx 2006, 4.1 recently installed on a new PC. I've always had my notes on the drawing in Word, and have always edited them in the drawing by double clicking the notes to make changes and not by right clicking and choosing "edit with document" method. Now, however, when I edit by double clicking, I get "Failed to Launch Server Application". I can, however edit it using the "edit with document" method. I've tried ending word in the task manager with no luck. This does this on a fresh restart too with the same result. (restart, start SWx only and try to edit) Like I said, this is a new install on a new machine so I suspect a silly setting or something and have wasted too much time poking around, so I figured I'd ask here if anyone else had run into this and corrected it before. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Scott,

This is due to the OLE interface not working correctly. You can test this by inserting a word doc in another program like powerpoint or something and then try double-clicking to edit. If it does not work in another program then you will either need to try applying a service pack to ms office, or reinstalling office all together.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff - Thanks for the response! I tried as you said and have no problem editiing Word within Powerpoint as suggested. That said, it's something between Word and SWx. as I can edit an Excel workbook within SWx with no problem, just Word is giving me issues....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Do you have Norton Anti-virus running with script blocking? We had this issue a couple of releases ago. Symantic was not much help as the problem would reappear after every AV update. We ended up dumping that bloated software.

Reply to
ambush