Strange drawing behavior

I have got a drawing that has 16 views (named, projected, sections, details, etc.). There is two views, and a child section view from one of them, that when I hover my mouse over them, my curser turns to a box with a lightening bolt. I don't know where to find the mouse pointer definitions, so I am assuming this means that the view(s) need to be rebuilt (updated). One of the views is a projected view from the front view showing the top, another is a named view of the top (same actual view, just different scale), and the last one is a partial section of the named top view.

Anyway, no matter what I do, I can't get this to go away for these three views. I've tried ctrl-Q, restart, reboot, etc. but nothing gets this pointer from appearing over only these three views. All of the other views show a regular box pointer when I hover over them.

There is one other interesting note about this drawing. There are no shaded views at all. However, if I try to print, and inadvertently leave "high quality" checked in the page setup dialog, it takes a very long time to process, just like a drawing that has shaded views would. And, the printed results are very choppy. When I create a PDF, the PDF size is about 3 times the size of the other similar drawings, as if it did have shaded views, and it is still very choppy.

Also, as a side note, this drawing is actually a copied drawing and re-referenced to a copied part. I do this sort of thing all the time without problems. All of the references look good. The original drawing that I copied it from doesn't have this problem though.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Isn't the lightning bolt signifying lightweight models in that view? I don't remember for sure, so this is sort of a guess.

WT

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:Kwgig.54673$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Actually those views are in draft mode. This is the "NEW" enhanced way SW loads drawings to make them appear faster. Depending on how large the drawing view is and whats in the view, this is supposed resolve itself. That also explains the plot that looks like an etch a sketch drawing

j,

That was it! Thanks. When I highlighted each of these views, in the property manager there was an option under Display Style for either High Quality or Draft Quality. These 3 views had somehow got changed to Draft Quality (not by me). I changed them back to High Quality and all is good.

But what's weird is, if I highlight the views now, I don't even see the option for either High Quality or Draft Quality. It's like that it is no longer an option now. I don't get it... Not that I need to switch back to Draft Quality or anything. Just seems like it should still be an option at least.

Thanks again!!!

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I'm not sure why you've lost the draft/high options, but in 2006 if you open a drawing with high quality views it at first shows them as draft quality while the high detail is calculated in the background. Once high detail has finished calculating they snap to high detail. I find this useful because you can still add annotations and views without waiting for everything to load. At least with big drawings its useful.

Seth Renigar wrote:

Reply to
Mr. Who

When you open a drawing that was done in 2005 in 2006 that option was available. As soon as you switched it from draft to hi quality in 2006 and saved it, then that option is no longer available. Everything in 2006 comes in as draft and then resolves itself supposedly to speed things up. But I've run into problems when doing this and plotting drawings and ended up with plots like you had.

Yeah, I waited and waited for it to resolve itself. But it didn't do it on its own. I had to manually do it. This is the first time I have experienced this. But now I know what to look for, thanks to you...

Reply to
Seth Renigar