Drawing View scale and Scale indicator on the page doesn't match.

Greetings:

My Drawing scale (Drawing view - Scale) is set to 1; however, the Scale notes (Scale:0.5 Type:part Name:Filename Size:C) on the bottom left of the page shows 0.5. I have to edit the value manually. Is this normal?

Thank you for your time and help.

Reply to
John

: "John" wrote : Greetings: : : My Drawing scale (Drawing view - Scale) is set to 1; however, the : Scale notes (Scale:0.5 Type:part Name:Filename Size:C) on the bottom : left of the page shows 0.5. I have to edit the value manually. Is : this normal? : In part, yes, it is. In order to get a view with a scale, you have to select 'Scale' from the Menu Manager drop down list of view properties. Otherwise, there is no scale note and the scale of the view matches the scale of the drawing.

The drawing scale is a somewhat different matter. A config.pro option called default_draw_scale, when set to 1, tries to place views at that scale when the views have no scale setting. But, to be able to do this, the sheet must be large to place a full size view with some calculation of the room needed to place a couple other projected views. When its calculations tell it that there isn't room to place full size views, it starts scaling. There are other parameters in the .dtl file that tells how it scales (for example, a denominator increment) and how it shows scale.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes