what's a material take-off?

hi folks,

im new to this and have just been introduced to this term "material take-off" today. i wonder what its about? also, is there anything i should take note of when doing a "material take-off"?

thanks in advance for any input :=DE

regards

Reply to
comeon

Material take-off is a term used in ERP "Enterprise Resorce Planning", it simply means reserving the materials you need for building.

Hugo

Reply to
huggre

Thanks Hugo. It is as what I have just learnt on my 1st day at work. thanks, comeon

Reply to
comeon