A feeling for shore hardness

Hi,

I'm trying to get a feel for what shore A of 10 feels like. I know that rubber bands have a shore hardness of around 30 but I haven't seen anything listed lower than this. Seems to me what whoever measured this material should have used a different scale. Nevertheless, I've been told "hardness = Shore A 10" and I'd like to know what that feels like. An inflated balloon ? Jello, perhaps?

thanks in advance Ben

Reply to
b_whittle

I believe the stuff that they make for kids to throw and stick to the walls in in the range of shore 3A (read it somewhere...can't remember exactly where).

Reply to
L Alpert

Turn your attention to silicones. Silicones cover a broad range of shore A durometers, from durometers less than shore A 000 up to shore A low 80's. I shore A of 10 is slightly more firm than a hard boiled egg. Jello is much less than shore A 000 and a inflated balloon would range in the shore A 000 range.

L Alpert wrote:

Reply to
zomoco1

Do a search and ask for samples. Here's a couple that are close to Shore A-10:

G1750X A-11
G 6713 A-13

Reply to
Billy Hiebert

Hopefully, Mr. Heibert will read the followup posts...

Reply to
L Alpert

That's great. Thanks for the replies

Ben