3M product turn yellow ?

Hello members. I brought a 3M brand protective tape make of PU material, i paste it on the suface of the LCD display , but after a period of time it turn yellow colour and crack, a layer of deposit allway apear on the PU suface, you need to clean before you can read the LCD display. Does any members know the reason ? Thanks Regards

Reply to
plastis man

This is a very vague situation, so my answer will have to be equally broadbrushed. PU's have an extremely broad range of chemistries so to even attempt a guess at an answer would be difficult, but aromatic PU's are known for yellowing more than aliphatic PU's. I'm just not sure that that will help you at all.

Knowing the exact product and what the product was designed for would be helpful . How does it adhere to the display? Sticky adhesive? Static electricity? What is the environment that this is exposed to? UV light? High humidity? High temperature? Ozone? What additives are in the PU? Are they what's yellowing?

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Hi John.

Thanks for your fast respond in my topic. I use this tape to protect and prevent any shape object damage the electronic equipment like sort touch key pad, LCD display, etc. This tape come in a roll with adhesive backed, the production floor temp. about 31-34 d/c, humidity about 77%, expose to sun light about 2 hours daily,but it only turn yellow colour in the air con room about 24 d/c. regards.

Reply to
plastis man