BALLS pictures

Now that my launch report is out in ER, I'll post the link to my photos that did not become part of the article. Enjoy.
http://www.lokiresearch.com/photos.asp
-JT

Given those links clearly show commercial sales and that Loki Research is not a TRA approved manufacturer, this is yet more evidence of TRA Calvinball on rules.
BTW Nice flights!

sigh....Loki sells motor hardware....not loads.
Mike Fisher
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mfreptiles) wrote:

So you are saying Neil made the 152mm load for the Cow?

Every stinking thread on RMR gets ruined because of Jerry's personal agenda.
No wonder you get blackballed Jerry. You're a pain in the ass.
Steve

No wonder I am a pain in the ass, I am blackballed.
No - if you got blackballed for being a pain in the ass, there would be a lot more people than Jerry bitching.
Phil Stein
wrote:

Phil Stein

Check the archives. There were but they got tired of inaction and left. THEY voted with their feet.
Also when I was originally blackballed circa 1991-2 the internet was far from popular. IIRC there effectively was not even a web yet.
Furthermore the very logic of your statement does not pass the smell test.
And if you use Tripoli's own logic against them, where there's smoke there's fire. Except against Tripoli there are records and proof.
Just Jerry

Jerry,
You fail to realize that I live in the present. 10 years ago I was to busy inventing the internet to be playing with rockets. Also things at TRA have changed a little since your pal Brucie is no longer king.
Phil Stein
wrote:

Phil Stein

Nobody can fight THAT logic :)
Brucie
King of HPR magazine King of TRA HQ King of NFPA committee TRA seat King of lawsuit committee
Naaaaaaaa, he has no power now that he has been removed for his financial and behavioral irregularities :)
From da King:
THICK OR THIN? From Bruce Kelly
This will be a long editorial, but I hope you will take the time to read it.
It is about this magazine and will answer questions you may have about production, distribution, and content.
It has been several years since I have talked about this magazine, about how readers can contribute articles, and what makes HPR what it is.
[ why would it be severalyearsifitispublished9 timesa yearfor10 years?]
I received some comments after the last two issues, best represented by three letters (or e-mail messages) directed to me. I will use those letters--unedited--to help explain what this magazine was, what it is, and what it may become. Since the authors of these letters did not give me permission to use their names, I will preserve their anonymity.
First Letter
Bruce,
I received the March issue of HPR magazine and please allow me to offer my approval [for] a job well done. I renewed my subscription this year after a one-year hiatus and I have not regretted it one bit. While any rocketeer would like a four hundred page issue every month, I realize being in the graphic arts industry myself, that it is, after all, a business. More importantly, that content that I now see in your publication is more poignant particularly when juxtaposed with the other HPR related magazine. Perhaps it always was. Maybe after all the distractions of the past year or two that I've distilled what I want out of rocketry into its essence and found what it's really all about. We all like the flash, sound and fury of hot projects flying, but there's so much more to it than that. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, "The will to win is not nearly so important as the will to prepare to win." What disturbs me is perhaps my perception of the hobby becoming "more show and less go." We see lots of video and pictures of huge projects going up only to lose arguments to the laws of physics. Sure it's great to be on TV, but I somehow get the sense that there are some who feel that that is the goal rather than the product of a job well done. What makes for good video doesn't necessarily make for good rocketry. Without being too melodramatic, I found this issue [March] to be particularly well done. It lays it all out there--successes and failures exposed for all the world to see. So everyone thinks, "Geez these guys are certifiably dangerous!" Then you add your articles and snap everything back into perspective. Those among us who unfortunately came late into Tripoli are well advised to read the "Balls 101" article and take it to heart. Those among us who actually want to learn something would be well advised to pick apart the report from the "Balls 2002" article (and the rest of it for that matter) and respectfully learn from those who dared to push it beyond the edge. Those who would wish to see more regulation placed on this hobby we cherish--and the very livelihood of several others who cherish it even more--are very well advised to read your follow-up article about the proper time and place for these types of events. Lastly, those who gave you so much grief in the past should recognize the work you did on behalf of us all. As Tripoli grew and became more and more diverse, satisfying all the members must have been quite onerous. So the issues with the ATFE and insurance are thrown in on top of that and, well, I

How was Bruce "removed"? Didn't he voluntarily step down as president? Did he even run for the board in the last election?
Brian Elfert

He ran and was BARELY defeated.

I remember now. He announced he didn't want to be president before the elections, but still ran for BOD. The board picks the president and maybe he was told he wouldn't be picked, so he retired instead.
He still wasn't "removed" as you say.
Brian Elfert
He said he wouldn't be president beofre the election but, still ran for BoD. He was not elected to the BoD. SO, Jerry if he ran everything & fixed the vote, how did this happen?
Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Because he couldn't even get magazines out to fix the vote as usual. Not even that many magazines:)
Also when was the last time the ballots arrived less than 2 weeks late?
Jerry

Pain in the ass at TRA is not defined as rude or annoying per se. It usually involves being witness to a crime or tort the result of which is you are discredited with a monologue in the propoganda rag of TRA and removed so you are allowed to be removed from meetings where you might be so bold as to testify to your witness accounts of the crimes or torts.
Cato was removed and resigned simultasneously as the letters crossed in the mail !!!
I was removed for approximately what I witnessed the TRA President himself doing (TRA justice I presume). And he was also the prime "prosecutor" on the tribunal to review my reinstatement request 10 years later after my 3 year removal had long since ended. He of course declined it. Conflicts of interest are a GOAL of TRA.
The removed people became rude YEARS after they were removed as a means to force attention on the problem. As we now all know no amount of attention brought on problems at TRA results in either addressing them or of course solving them.
Vosecek was Treasurer (kiss of death).
Cato was the first accurate TMT chair AND personally got TRA listed as an AHJ in NFPA-1127, etc. (kiss of death).
Founding Prefect Irvine was the largest launch host and member generator (kiss of death).
Kaplow wasan early Prefect and rules nazi (kiss of death).
McLaughlin was a Prefect and actual RPIA by lawyerly informing TRA BOD of all the laws and rules they were breaking with cites and evidence (kiss of death).
Price was Kelly's neighbor and friend and witnessed skimming and other alleged crimes and torts first hand (kiss of death).
One guy was removed for pipe bombs at Black Rock or something (the only valid removal) He probably has been reinstated :)
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Thanks Jerry!
By the way, the commercial sales were only hardware. I've never sold any propellant. I did not make the load for The Cow Rocket. It's ok to be a watch dog, but please check your facts before throwing out the accusations. Not doing so makes you look simple.
-Jeff Taylor

Your website seems to imply otherwise on first glance.
I see a lot of rocket liftoff images on the homepage and no hardware images.
Jerry

I guess I'll have to accept criticism of my web site in lieu of an apology for your false accusation ('cause I know that isn't coming).
- JT

Actually Jerry you screwed up here and you owe Jeff an apology.
Thanks again for ruining yet another decent thread on RMR.
Steve