New Pictures Posted

I've posted my latest set of aerial photos from the BuffRoc launch in Geneseo (this past weekend...) to my Photo Album page.
Check out the "BuffRoc 2005" folder at
http://photos.yahoo.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com
and let me know what you think.
When I figure out how to upload large files to my Web server, I'll post a link to a video of the flight as well.
Len Lekx wrote:

Great pics!
Can you give us tech info on the camera setup?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:55:40 -0500, the notorious t-e-d

FYI - I've uploaded the video to my webpage. http://ca.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com/index.html

Thanks.

What would you like to know? :-) The camera is a Kodak Advantix F350 - the first APS camera Kodak ever made. It's a fixed-focus, 1/250-sec shutter speed, autowinding camera. I modified it to work with Rob Nees' AYUCR camera controller, which I assembled from parts in my junkbox. By disconnecting the flash-capacitor, the camera can take a picture every 1.6 seconds. The camera is mounted within a shroud so that the lens of the camera is pointed downwards along the axis of the rocket, pointed slightly outward to get a good field-of-view. I don't use mirrors at all.
The digital camera I used to take the video in the above link is an HP PhotoSmart 435. I use the same type of AYUCR controller to drive it... with a few modifications to the code so that it'll work with a point-and-shoot digital camera instead of a pencam.
Len Lekx wrote:

Those are sweet, Len! You're making me jealous. :) What size motor was it, and what was the altitude?
On 15 Aug 2005 17:33:25 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Check out the video, too... :-)
http://ca.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com/index.html
It was an AMW K800BB motor. Baro altitude from my GWiz was 3387 feet, accelerometer-integrated altitude was approx. 3900 feet. Split the difference, and say 3500 feet at apogee.
The sad thing is - when the parachute tangled, it came down hard enough to break the couplers in almost every joint, split my camera bay at a winding-seam, and cracked a kevlar-reinforced fin down to the root! I've decided that I'm not going to rebuild it - I'm moving on to the 5.5-inch version... I'm going to try and do that build concurrently with my L3 project. (Which is about halfway completed at the moment.)