ROL NEWS--New Camera Payloads Guide from Extreme Rocketry

New Camera Payloads Guide from Extreme Rocketry September 13, 2005 Web posted at: 1:40 PM EDT
(ROL Newswire) -- Extreme Rocketry is pleased to announce the release
of "A Guide To Camera Payloads," by Ray Dunakin. This 40-page booklet is a detailed guide to designing and building all types of photographic payloads, including 35mm sequence cameras, Super 8 movie cameras, video and digital cameras. The author, whose aerial photos and articles have graced the pages of Extreme Rocketry and High Power Rocketry magazines, has well over 20 years experience in rocket aerial photography. The booklet features 55 photos and 17 drawings to guide the reader through the process of choosing a camera, modifying it for flight, and constructing a payload using a variety of techniques. Also detailed are both mechanical and electronic timing devices to activate the camera, as well as ways to fit a camera into a tight space. Dimensions of specific payloads are included for those who don't wish to design from scratch. The pros and cons of each method and payload type are discussed, to aid in determining which approach best suits the reader's needs. The text explains not only "how to do it" but also why. In addition, there are helpful tips distilled from the knowledge gained in making hundreds of camera payload flights. Available from select hobby shops and rocket vendors (dealer inquiries welcome), the new book is also available immediately in the educational books section of the Extreme Rocketry webstore located at www.extremerocketry.com.

Ray,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!!!
Phil Stein
Phil Stein wrote:

This was something I've wanted to do for a long time, and in fact have worked on it off and on for nearly three years. I put a lot of effort into those 40 pages, and I think the end result is worth it.

But how thick is the packaging, and does it have a bar code (UPC code)?
:-)

And, since this is a book, does it have an ISBN number? :-)
Glen Overby

For books, the UPC is the ISBN!
On 14 Sep 2005 12:16:15 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I think in this case, it would be how thick the cover and pages are.
I'm also wondering if its half empty (white space as they like to say) like ER Mag.
Phil Stein wrote:

No, the only large areas of white space are on the title and index pages. We packed a lot into this booklet.