LA Outtage and TIMRF

In case anyone was wondering, the reason therocketryforum.com (different than rocketryforum.com) is down is because most of los angeles still doesn't have power after the failure earlier today. The server is in Santa Monica and it's sitting dead as a doornail. Apparently the host does not have it on a generator as I was led to believe.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience,, I'm host shopping now.... DanC

Reply to
Dan Cox

I'm fairly certain this should be taken as an omen...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Yeah I'm sure somebody thinks it was divine intervention to eliminate the competition. As of around 7:30 PM PST on the 12th it's back up again though. At some point, probably late one night, it's going to get transferred to a better server with the mother of all diesel generators. Still getting that set up. For now though as long as some goofball doesn't backhoe another major electrical line in LA or do a 'Watch what happens when I do this!' sort of thing it should stay up and be quite reliable just as it was.

*yawn* what a day.
Reply to
Dan Cox

It's actually shaping up quite nicely. Along with a few active threads about what is wrong with the other forum, there are a couple of good EX topics that are pretty interesting.

Nice job Dan.

David Erbas-White wrote:

Reply to
Jim