Five new rocket aerial photos

I just posted five new rocket aerial photos, and I think they're some of my most appealing shots to date. Use either of these links to view the photos:

The first two photos came from a 1.8" diameter rocket launched in the Tapiado Hills area of the badlands. It reached an altitude of 1344 feet.

The next two are from the first flight of my newest rocket. It's a 2.6" bird with a PerfectFlite altimeter for deployment, using the motor's ejection as a backup. It was launched from Meteor Hill, near Ocotillo, CA. It also has a PerfectFlite timer which can be used for ignition of the motor during two-stage flights. The fins are constructed from 1/8" honeycomb composite sheet from Giant Leap Rocketry. A beautiful flight to 2269 feet. An electronic timer was also used to control the camera on this flight.

The fifth photo is from the 1.8" diameter rocket, which was also launched near Ocotillo. It reached an altitude of 1408 feet.

Reply to
raydunakin

snip

COOL!

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Decided not to mention motors this time, eh?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No jerry, Ray used the word motor.

Aren't you paying attention?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

From the JI FAQ: It's always about Jerry isn't it?? (:-) He can't help himself..

Reply to
WallaceF

Nope. Sycophant noise aside, I uttered:

"Decided not to mention motors this time, eh?"

But then, that's literally obvious to the casual observer.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since it's all about Jerry, here's a great one for the Jerry FAQs that I got from someone. I'll leave it up to him to identify himself if he so desires. Of course since it is made up of things Jerry has actually said on the record, I guess Jerry created it. 8-)

Enjoy

*********** (from real comments)******************** rmr - since "your company" employs less than two people, then you must be the manager/owner

JI - No, I don't own or manage the company, I am a consultant

rmr - But you sent a letter to people you were trying to sell motors to, and you signed it with your name and the title "manager."

JI - Sometimes a consultant manages information., and in that sense, a consultant is a "manager."

rmr - TRA says they suspended you for advertising launches with waiver altitudes you really didn't have.

JI - I had those waivers for the altitudes we advertised.

rmr - After you weren't holding launches at Lucerne, the Lucerne guys tried to get the "same waivers JI had", but the FAA contact told them that you never had waivers of that altitude.

JI - I really never got the waivers, Chuck Rogers did.

rmr - The FAA reported that the waiver apps had your name on them, not Chuck Rogers.

JI - I never saw the FAA report, TRA wouldn't let me see it.

rmr - TRA says they shared it with you when you were suspended.

JI - They lie.

Pretty funny stuff, Phil. Y'know what they say about truth being stranger than fiction!

Reply to
Phil Stein