IgniterMan used for Dual Deployment???

Can IgniterMan igniters be used for dual-deployment using a 9v transister battery?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
peter.t.ekstrom

No, IgniterMan igniters need 12 volt to ignite.

used Oraxals.

Reply to
JDcluster

I've lit many Igniterman igniters using 9V, including a few in the sustainer of a 2 stage rocket. But I agree that Oxral's are better.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

THe Oxrals and equivelents are designed for low current applications the Igniterman igniters aren't. Some electronics can ignite either MOST of the time. Some will only ignite Oxrals. I suggest you go with the Oxrals so you don't find out which is which the hard way.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I looked online for some of the alternatives like Daveyfire and Oxrals and the suppliers were requiring a LEUP. I guess that would mean that those of us out in the boondocks are out of luck unless we get the permit?

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

Too hot to fly