Ammonium Nitrate bill reintroduced

While ammonium nitrate (AN) isn't really popular as an oxidizer in solid propellant, it is used. So...
Mr. Hinchey is continuing his efforts to have AN regulated as an
explosive. He has introduced H.R. 1389:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:1:./temp/~c109OAySta ::
I particularly like the parts where the BATFE gets to devise their own detonability tests (why not use the existing UN tests?). And, in the tradition of making the users pay for the costs of regulation, if all you want to use is AN there is no permit fee.
I have been trying to locate AN fertilizer just so I could have a bag to spite this sort of nitwit, but fear already seems to have removed it from the market in the DFW area.
--
David W. Schultz
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz /