In search for a material

Hi list,

I'm in need for your informed and knowledgeable advise. I would like to know what would be the closest thing to a material that the following behaviour: it should be a photoreactive (ideally!!!), electroreactive, magnetoreactive... material that in environmental conditions is either soft or fluid and once stimulated (light, electric or magnetic field...) it either becomes sensibly harder and/or swells. It is also a requirement that once the stimulus is removed the material returns to its previous state.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Johan Kildal

Reply to
DJ