Flory-Huggin's Theory

I've got a problem here which I am supposed to solve but I am not able to get a mathematical answer to, I hope to be able to seek some help here.

The question is:

Show that the Flory-Huggin's equation always shows a negative deviation from Raoult's Law.

Would appreciate any help rendered. Thanks.

zerty

I'm not sure where it is that you are stuck in your derivation. Prausnitz has a few quick lines in his "Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria" (1969, Section 7.7) showing the inequality. The library should have a copy as the text was a classic. Post again if you need more help.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Thank you so much! I've seen the chapter that you refered to and have now understood the problem.

zerty