I have some "Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylate".

The CAS# I have for it is 9016-45-9.

Does this information seem correct?

How can I verify?

TIA!

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

That's not a polymer. It's a ubiquitous class of surfactants (now banned in the EU for most applications).

Yes.

google.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

EU are sissy enviro-wackos. If you make profit, they want to see it disappear.

I just want details about the "Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylate" and it's composition. The CAS number seems incorrect.

How can I verify it?

Thanks.

Signature David Loisel Quantex Technologies : snipped-for-privacy@quantex.ca ( (519)

Reply to
Dave

Nice tact Dave. You get helpful advice from a significant contributor to this newsgroup and you launch into a bit of a tirade. I can't wait to see what clever and original spew you'll deliver about the US in reply to this post.

As was noted by Oliver, Google will be a good starting point. You can also try

I suspect that you will soon be back asking for help in determining the various synonyms and generic names used in organic chemistry. (Is a nonyl phenoxy the same as an alkyl? Enquiring minds want to know!)

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Er .... yes, nonyl phenol ethoxylate IS a polymer, folks! This class of surfactant is made by reacting ethylene oxide with alkyl phenol (AP), and what you get is a molecule that is part AP and part polyethylene glycol. It is the latter part that makes the molecule soluble in water.

Colin Cook

Reply to
Colin Cook